Polar seeks a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications to develop and implement its PR and social strategies in North America and Western Europe. The Sr Manager will manage business, trade and local media relations, including company announcements, editorial placement, and speaking opportunities. Extensive relationships with key members of the press and relevant conference planners are required.
The Sr Manager must also have experience executing executive visibility programs and he/she must have a proven track record of positioning a fast-growing start-up. The Sr Manager will also lead all of the company’s social media and partner with the content manager to ensure creative and timely execution of content-based communications.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Marketing, and will live in New York or San Francisco.
PR strategy and deliverables
- Develop unique content-based PR program including editorial strategies to maximize coverage
- Write all press materials including press releases, press kits, website section for reporters, etc.
- Execute media programs, including proactive PR (feature stories) and news positioning
- Serve as media contact for reactive/in-bound media requests
- Create briefing sheets and staff all media calls for Polar executives
- Track relevant news trends and position Polar as a leader in the industry discussions
- Determine editorial strategies for each client, including writing and/or placing relevant contributed articles/blogs
- Lead on development and execution of go-to-market communications strategies for product launches with relevant internal team members
- Lead continuous posting and social interactions, on all relevant Polar social sites
- Internal Communications:
- Lead internal communications on behalf of the company; ensuring employees know about key Polar wins and industry changes
Analyst and Influencer Relations
- Create platform and program to ensure Polar is positioned with key analysts and industry influencers (e.g. Luma Partners)
- Create and pursue awards opportunities for Polar and its customers
- Partner with content manager to develop and execute a corporate content and campaign calendar, including, but not limited to:
- Include key Polar news in customer communications
- Leverage case studies to create customer-based news
- Other duties as assigned
The Sr Manager of Corporate Communications position requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least seven years of experience in communications in the tech industry. Polar will rely heavily on the Senior Manager’s extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and provide on-going reporting. Other key attributes include:
- Social maturity
- Proven ability to generate creative and progressive ideas; strategic thinking and collaboration across internal teams and stakeholders (including customers)
- Strong attention to detail/organizational skills, and a positive approach to problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter that thrives in ambiguity
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- Proactively stays educated on key mobile and digital trends; translating the trends into communications’ opportunities for Polar
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%
To apply please send cover letters and resumés to email@example.com
The world's premium publishers choose Polar to power, monetize, and scale their digital content. Since 2007, Polar has built transformational technology solutions for global media brands. From digital revenue management through scalable native advertising products; Polar’s content monetization solutions power more than 1200 publisher sites across 12 countries. Polar’s technology leverages publishers’ existing infrastructure; and gives publishers the transparency, tools and processes to best monetize their content. Polar is a technology company building actual solutions for some of the largest issues impacting media publishers today. Visit www.polar.me for more information.