Technical Account Manager
Toronto, ON | Full-Time | Technical Account Management
About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager to join global Publisher Services team. The Publisher Services team spans Toronto, New York and Sydney and is responsible for the overall adoption and implementation of Polar’s platform and solutions across our customer base which include some of the largest names in the media and publishing business.
The Technical Account Manager role at Polar sits at the intersection of business and technology. It requires an even mix of account management and technical aptitude about advertising solutions. You will be working directly with technical counterparts at Polar’s clients. If you have the instincts to navigate complex projects, manage expectations with multiple stakeholders at top-tier publishers, and the technical aptitude to understand software systems and implement solutions, then this is the perfect role for you.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for Polar’s clients in Canada and the US. The role will require frequent travel to the US (New York) to spend face-to-face time with clients.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for our customers, and ensure the satisfactory resolution of all partner requests by interfacing with Product and Engineering teams.
- Project Manage the deployment process for new customers, from kickoff through launch. Scope, plan and manage progress against the plan – set up weekly meetings, and manage deliverables/milestones, escalate risks and issues, propose solutions.
- Train Customers on all technical and non-technical aspects of Polar’s platforms and products.
- Manage multiple integration projects concurrently providing excellent service and building a strong long-term partnership with clients.
- Test and troubleshoot implementations using common browser development tools – escalate implementation issues to internal Engineering Support resources.
- May require frequent travel between New York, Toronto and London to meet and interact with customers.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in a customer facing role preferably in a B2B technology company in the digital media space.
- High level of comfort with training and supporting clients on a technology platform. Experience with configuring and implementing software applications.
- Experience and aptitude for web and advertising related technologies and SaaS platforms especially in the digital advertising is a plus.
- Project management skills: specifically, being able to lay out deliverables and follow-through on hitting them.
- Strong communication & organization skills, client-facing experience, data-driven and analytical with a willingness to learn, grow and develop new skills.
At Polar, our mission is to enable a business model for premium content. We partner with premium publishers by providing technology solutions to grow branded content revenue. We have a global footprint of the world’s largest publishers who choose Polar to power their branded content programs. Some of the media companies and brands that use Polar’s platform include Condé Nast, The Huffington Post, USA Today, New York Post, The Telegraph, Toronto Star, National Post, The Australian and many others.
Our product vision anchors on a set of core platform capabilities that are used to offer multiple solutions for the industry, that all help enable and scale branded content programs and business models. Polar makes it easy to create dynamic native formats for any device, promote branded content across multiple channels, optimize performance, and assess engagement with insights.
We’re an agile, product lead company with a strong focus on quality software development. At the same time we complement our software platform with industry leading technical and strategic services for publishers. Our product and engineering teams are mostly based in Toronto, Canada and our go-to-market teams are based in New York and Sydney, Australia.
- Team of 30 people, headquartered in Toronto, offices in New York, London and Sydney. The business has raised $14m in capital, operates profitability.
- Customers are exclusively large publishers, including Oath, News Corp, Conde Nast, Gannett and The Telegraph. Revenue is global: 55% US, 25% UK and 20% Australia.
- Product is a platform sold on a SaaS model to publishers, solutions are used for branded content distribution & measurement (on-site) and premium advertising formats.
- Read more about what it’s like to work at Polar.
- Read about how we try to cultivate a greater sense of focus, calm and peace in a modern era.
- Read our CEO’s thoughts on how we think about our industry.
Our bright, big, loft-style downtown Toronto office (a block away from Union Station) boasts great natural light, views of the city, free snacks and drinks, a kitchen stocked with breakfast essentials, and an espresso machine to help wake you up in the morning. To help you unwind we’ve got couches, a pool table, the obligatory beer keg, and special events like our quarterly hack days.
Our four core values guide our behaviours and actions:
- Awareness: understand the impact your work is having on revolutionizing the publishing industry.
- Fearlessness: Be bold. Be brave. You are supported for all of the next big steps.
- Leadership: No one is going to hold you back. Take initiative, inspire, and empower.
- Growth: As the publishing industry changes and evolves, so do you and your experience, alongside.
Visit our blog to learn more about what life is like at Polar: https://polar.me/blog/culture/
How to Apply
- Email Your Resume And Cover Letter To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use The Subject Line: ‘Apply – Technical Account Manager (TO)’