2017 Branded Content Benchmarks Report
With 2017 at a close, we can take a look at the aggregate trends in branded content performance. Polar’s Snapshot of Global Branded Content Performance presents the complete picture for major markets and publishers this past year. This benchmarks report presents a detailed look at global aggregate performance data, as well as specific performance across Australia, United States, and United Kingdom.
- Global average click-through rate to branded content was 0.24 percent.
- Readers spent an average of 110 seconds reading branded content.
- Smartphone accounted for more than 50 percent of total branded content views.
- Time-spent with branded content on smartphones was the longest, 70 percent stronger than desktop.
- Smartphone CTR was 82 percent stronger than desktop.
- Australia: Smartphone outperformed desktop overall average time spent engaging with branded content by 102 percent.
- United Kingdom: Tablet saw the highest overall average click-through rate of 0.34 percent, outperforming smartphone by 17 percent.
- United States: Q1 and Q2 had the strongest click-through rate of year, beating the overall average of 0.23 percent by 26 percent in Q1 and 21 percent in Q2.